As we near the upcoming elections, including the General Election on November 3, 2020, Enterprise Bank strongly encourages our team members and our communities to plan ahead and make time to vote.
Election Poll Hours
- Massachusetts -- Most polls are open 7:00 am until 8:00 pm; all polls must be open for a period of at least 13 hours.
- New Hampshire -- Will vary by municipality; polls cannot open later than 11:00 am and must be open until 7:00 pm.
Voting by Mail
In addition to voting in person on election day, other options may be available. In response to COVID-19, more states than ever are offering early voting, early/absentee in-person voting, and mail-in voting.
- Massachusetts -- You can request a ballot to be mailed to you if you are registered to vote. The State recommends that you submit your application for a November ballot no later than October 20. Applications received after October 28 cannot be accepted.
- New Hampshire -- You can request a ballot to be mailed to you if you are registered to vote. The deadline to request a ballot by mail is November 2nd. You can also request a ballot in person. The state of New Hampshire suggests that you request a ballot as soon as possible.
Voting in Person
Remember to follow all safety guidelines and instructions from your local and national authorities when voting in person. Additionally, here are tips to consider:
- Check your voter registration status today.
- Learn more about what is on your ballot.
- Review registration and voting rules in your state.
- If you have a disability, check to see if you are permitted to bring a friend or family member with you to the polls for assistance.
- If it turns out you are not eligible to vote, consider volunteering to help others get to the polls, or signing up to be a poll worker.
- If planning to vote in person, remember that you may need to bring personal identification that meets your local state’s guidelines.
While at your voting location, do not hesitate to ask your local poll workers for assistance. They are there to help if you:
- Make a mistake on the ballot or your name is not in the poll book.
- Need language assistance because English is not your primary language.
- Have a disability and need assistance.
Need More Information?
Contact your local voting officials and/or your Secretary of State to address any concerns ahead of time and seek out further guidance:
- New Hampshire -- https://sos.nh.gov/elections/elections/2020-election-information/
- Massachusetts -- https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ovr/