MassDREAMS is Available to Eligible First-time Homebuyers!
The MassDREAMS (Delivering Real Equity and Mortgage Stability) Program offers down payment and closing cost grants for first-time homebuyers in certain Massachusetts communities that were disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. MassDREAMS is made possible by federal funding from the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, which provides assistance to states to mitigate the economic effects of the pandemic.
How much assistance is available?
MassDREAMS grants are only available to eligible first-time home buyers who purchase a property using a first mortgage loan from MassHousing or the Massachusetts Housing Partnership (MHP).
• Up to $50,000 for homebuyers earning up to 100% of the area median income (AMI)
• Up to $35,000 for homebuyers earning between 100.01% and 135% of area median income
How to get Started with MassDREAMS Down Payment Assistance
- Go to www.mymasshome.org. Click: Down Payment Assistance / MassDREAMS / Find Out if You Qualify
- Complete the prescreening questionnaire to determine your eligibility (6 simple questions). (Please note: if you are not eligible for MassDREAMS, you may still be eligible for other down payment assistance programs. We invite you to contact The Mortgage Center team to learn about other options.)
- An email will be sent to you with the eligibility approval and links to Mass Housing Partnership (MHP)*. The link will provide a list of Program Approved Lenders. Scroll down to Enterprise Bank for contact information, OR contact one of our Mortgage Officers directly via our Mortgage Team page.
- Discuss with your Lender the best loan option for your situation and complete a loan application to obtain your Mortgage Preapproval letter.**
- Complete a First Time Homebuyer Class. NewVue Communities, a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating strong and health neighborhoods offer both online and in person First Time Homebuyer classes https://newvuecommunities.org/
- Find a Realtor and start searching for a home.
*Massachusetts Housing Partnership (MHP) is a separate and unaffiliated entity from Enterprise Bank. Enterprise Bank is an approved lender of MHP.
** All loans are subject to credit approval.
For information about mortgage programs offered by Enterprise Bank, visit https://www.enterprisebanking.com/personal/loans/mortgage or contact The Mortgage Center at Enterprise Bank at 877-671-2265.